Is it Wednesday?
April 2017 S M T W T F S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
The Feminist Texican [Reads]
- 3 of 5 stars to Tolstoy and the Purple Chair by Nina Sankovitch goodreads.com/review/show?id… 10 hours ago
- Thoughts on LIFE'S WORK by Dr. Willie Parker #ReadHarder2017 feministtexicanreads.wordpress.com/2017/04/22/lif… https://t.co/ZFBgpLggIB 1 day ago
- 4 of 5 stars to The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead goodreads.com/review/show?id… 2 days ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Smile by Raina Telgemeier goodreads.com/review/show/19… 1 week ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Smoke by Dan Vyleta goodreads.com/review/show?id… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: Arizona
In last week’s Sunday Salon (on my book blog), I mentioned that I was kicking around an idea in my head to get people reading Tucson’s banned books list. I’d originally intended to do a weekend-long event where people could “read-in” and … Continue reading
I love [Latin@s] from the bottom of my heart…I’m somewhat hurt that they would think that I would be a racist, you know. …says the woman who signed the Latin@ Racial Profiling Act of 2010 into law. [via]
A group of artists who painted a large mural at a Prescott, Arizona school has been asked by the principal to lighten the faces of the children in the painting. The mural, which prominently depicts a Latino child and three … Continue reading
No comment on Alba. For now.
via LiveWire In case she wasn’t clear enough when she linked undocumented immigrants to murderous drug cartels, Gov. Brewer is now calling immigration in Arizona a form of “terrorist attacks.”
Jon Stewart: Law & Border: Problem Chylde: Arizona: All Latin@s Carry Papers or GTFO Again, I return to brownfemipower’s piece at Feministe, where many commenters point out to her the presence of nonimmigrant visas for women and children who face … Continue reading