Is it Wednesday?
February 2017 S M T W T F S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
The Feminist Texican [Reads]
- Quickies: Thoughts on BUTTER and LINCOLN IN THE BARDO feministtexicanreads.wordpress.com/2017/02/23/qui… https://t.co/4aEEp9gUjj 21 hours ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Year of the Elephant by Leila Abouzeid goodreads.com/review/show?id… 1 day ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders goodreads.com/review/show?id… 3 days ago
- 4 of 5 stars to The Turner House by Angela Flournoy goodreads.com/review/show?id… 1 week ago
- 60% done with The Turner House, by Angela Flournoy goodreads.com/user_status/sh… 1 week ago
Category Archives: asshole of the day
I’m one of those people who contacts her representatives regarding impending legislation, and the recent battles for Planned Parenthood funding at the federal and state level were no exception. I sent my senators a personalized email, and this is what … Continue reading
It’s been a great day for women, no? [h/t @AnnaHolmes]
Indiana Congressman Mike Pence, the man behind the House amendment to defund Planned Parenthood. The amendment passed 239-184. I don’t have a transcript and I don’t have the stomach to type one out, but the gist is “Fuck women, poor people, … Continue reading
Faux News’s Megyn Kelly, on how calling an “illegal” an “undocumented immigrant” is totally like calling a rapist a “non-consensual sex partner:”
Dear Senators Cornyn and Hutchinson (and all other Senate Republicans), I just wanted to thank you for voting against the Paycheck Fairness Act. Nothing says “fuck you” like voting down a bill meant to help prevent pay discrimination. Signed, Me.
Sharron Angle, for perpetuating the idea that “illegals” = drug smugglers via a campaign site that attacks her opponent, Harry Reid, for supporting the DREAM Act: via Jezebel: Angle is still betting that Latino citizens don’t matter as much as the racist vote…The … Continue reading