How come I am not surprised [about being the first Latino elected to serve on the Pulitzer board]?…I guess that I’m standing in for hundreds of other qualified writers, artists who should have been in that position before me. That’s always what I think about when people tell you, oh, you’re the first. Man, that’s not really the way it should have been.
Is it Wednesday?
The Feminist Texican [Reads]
- 3 of 5 stars to The Vacationers by Emma Straub goodreads.com/review/show?id… 2 days ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Flâneuse by Lauren Elkin goodreads.com/review/show?id… 3 days ago
- The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America’s Shining Women feministtexicanreads.wordpress.com/2017/05/22/the… 3 days ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Why We Write About Ourselves by Meredith Maran goodreads.com/review/show?id… 4 days ago
- I do not understand the appeal of syrup on savory food. Gross. 1 week ago