I’m not into New Year’s resolutions because people almost never stick to them. I am, however, into setting goals (that I can realistically reach) for the coming year:
- Make a quilt. I learned how to sew this past August, and my skills are now fairly decent. I’d love to attempt quilting.
- Pay off half of my credit card debt. Nuff said.
- Move out of my parents’ house. Because after living on my own in New York for 4 years, not to mention my years out of the house before that, living at home again makes me want to blow my brains out.
- Save enough money to go back to school in the fall. And if not the fall, then next spring. I started work on my MLS about a year ago, but stopped after the first semester due to poverty. Student loans are out of the question because I have more than enough of those.
- Speaking of poverty, I really need to find a job. A full-time job. With benefits and a retirement plan. But this job search thing has not really worked for me in the 2.5 since getting my MA, regardless of the hundreds of resumes I’ve sent out, however, so I’m not holding my breath on this one. If I get hired as an adjunct again, I’ll be happy.
Let’s see how it goes…