We interrupt this blog to bring you an urgent message: Our Bodies Ourselves needs your help.
This is not your ordinary holiday fundraising campaign. We need to raise $50,000 by Dec. 31 to maintain staffing and continue our program work at current levels.
Here’s the deal. OBOS has a big name but a tiny budget. Book sales account for only 6 percent of our budget (yes: 6 percent!). We’re a nonprofit that depends on donors and grants to make up the other lean 94 percent. And this year has been hard.
Is it Wednesday?
The Feminist Texican [Reads]
- 3 of 5 stars to The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas goodreads.com/review/show?id… 8 hours ago
- 3 of 5 stars to The Vacationers by Emma Straub goodreads.com/review/show?id… 3 days ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Flâneuse by Lauren Elkin goodreads.com/review/show?id… 4 days ago
- The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America’s Shining Women feministtexicanreads.wordpress.com/2017/05/22/the… 5 days ago
- 3 of 5 stars to Why We Write About Ourselves by Meredith Maran goodreads.com/review/show?id… 5 days ago