Is it Wednesday?
June 2013 S M T W T F S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
The Feminist Texican [Reads]
- RT @sjjphd: We know restaurant industry has normalized labor exploitation @ multiple levels & there is dearth of high profile chefs of cert… 1 hour ago
- RT @sjjphd: I think the bigger question here is what this says about the restaurant and celebrity chef industries that Dean has thrived in. 1 hour ago
- .@so_treu is tweeting up a storm about Paula Deen right now. Go read her TL. 1 hour ago
- There's a stray cat in my neighborhood whose face is thick with mange. At first I wasn't even sure if it could see (it can). Now I'm sad. 1 hour ago
- Whoa. A #bookgate must-read: ow.ly/mabc4 7 hours ago
Category Archives: music
Because she made me watch this to see if I’d recognize it (which, duh. I got it within the first 2 seconds): So then I made her watch this: …which then led us to lament how no one dances in … Continue reading
Win a copy of this book! The info on how to enter is at the end of the review. I was born and raised in South Texas, about 15 miles from the Mexican border. This area is its own little … Continue reading
I haven’t done a Monday Mix in ages, and I’m still feeling a little slacker-y, so today I’m just sticking to one song: Holy Fuck’s “Red Lights.” I’m not usually into electronica, but I saw the band open for Wolf … Continue reading
I can’t wait for False Priest to drop. And I can’t wait to see oM and Janelle Monae again November (yes, I bought my tickets 5 months in advance, thankyouverymuch).
Beck turns 40 today. Sorry, Gustavo Arellano: I remain a Beck-loving Mexican! What can I say? The guy puts on a great live show. John Jay posted a tribute (and some mp3s for download) at The Giant Panther.
I am decidedly not Team Gaga,* so this amuses me: *I’m not anti-Gaga either, I just don’t care either way (although I love the head-to-toe Alexander McQueen getup she wore in her “Bad Romance” video). [h/t Jezebel]
I dig the Broken Bells’ debut album (and I have a longstanding crush on Danger Mouse), so I was quite psyched when the first video from the album, starring Christina Hendricks, was released earlier this week:
Okay, so the of Montreal concert was fabulous, of course. I danced and jumped around like crazy, even after I was all dehydrated and wanted to pass out. They played all my favorite songs except “Oslo in the Summertime” and … Continue reading
Right now, I am in Austin with my brother and sister. We’re all going to the Of Montreal concert at the Mohawk tomorrow night, so we decided to make a long weekend of it. Of course, my food-motivated ass is … Continue reading