I’m a Chicana feminist blogger, so this blog is mostly feminist/Chican@ in scope. It’s definitely pro-immigrant and progressive. But it’s also a reflection of things of interest to me, so you will definitely see your share of randomness.
Regarding comments: thanks to past run-ins with trolls, comments require approval before getting posted. Be patient if you don’t see your comment go up ASAP. As long as you’re not flaming someone or using offensive/sexist/racist language, you should be fine.
A few things about me, for those inquiring minds that want to know (or not):
- I’m a women’s historian. And, duh, a feminist.
- I teach at a college in south Texas.
- I have a thing for motherhood analyses in popular culture (even though children generally annoy me after prolonged periods, and I don’t want children).
- I also have a thing for oral histories. It’s a dream of mine to start an oral history archive in my hometown.
- I love animals, and they’re the reason I went vegetarian back in 2000.
- I have an unnatural love of donuts. Chocolate iced, hold the sprinkles.
- It must be said that I think King of the Hill is one of the greatest cartoons ever televised, I tell you whut. I’m totally devastated that they took it off the air.
- I’m a Trekkie. Screw Star Wars.
- The calendar on the site is titled “Is it Wednesday?” because I always think it’s Wednesday. Nothing notable happens to me on Wednesdays, either…it’s totally random.
- These are my boys.
You can contact me at thefeministtexican [at] gmail [dot] com.
You can also follow me on twitter.